Sunday, October 19, 2008

Wahoo Midterms!!!!!!

OK, I realize it's been awhile since I updated...life has just been crazy!  Let me think about what's happened since New York:

*Last weekend I had a take-home midterm...which took up a lot of the weekend.  BUT it was accomplished and I felt pretty good about it.

*Last week was a week of midterms.  But since my genocide course had a take-home the weekend before, the only real test I had was my main seminar test.

*Monday I went to work...and then realized it was Columbus Day and no one was at the office.  soooooo I had the whole day free for studying, which actually turned out to be very productive.  I rode the train back to campus and studied all day for my midterm.

*Tuesday was a work day, as usual.  Plus night class that evening.

*Wednesday was a review day in class for the midterm.  I was feeling pretty good after the intense study day I had Monday.

*Wednesday evening I attended a reception at American University's Washington College of Law.  It was an event that the law school put on exclusively for Washington Semester students, which was really cool.  Even better--only about 10 students showed up, so I spent a lot of time asking questions of their admissions rep and a current law student.  I was really impressed with the program and what they had to say, so I think American could go on the list of potential law schools!

*Thursday was the exam!  It took me about 2 1/2 of the 3 allotted hours, but I felt pretty good about it.  I think Lizzy and I did a good job preparing and I'm anxious to see the grades come back.

*Friday we (Lizzy and I) visited Georgetown Law School.  I was fairly impressed with it--it seemed much more relaxed and less snobby than I was expecting.  I don't think I liked it as much as American, but I will definitely still consider it.  The location is great (downtown near  the Supreme Court) and the facilities were nice.  I got to sit in on a first year civil procedure course and found it much less intimidating than I was expecting, so that was good.

*Friday night was a relaxation night...wahoo!  I made a much-needed trip to Target.

*Saturday my wonderful Godfather was in town, so I met him for breakfast.  It was really nice to see someone from home and, as always, amazing to see him!  It was definitely the highlight of my week!

*Saturday afternoon Lizzy and I ventured off to find a mall.  We followed the directions given to us by Metro Trip Planner and wound up at Grosvenor Metro Station waiting for a bus that never came.  Soooo I finally asked the Metro Station attendant, who put us on a different bus that took us BACK one metro station (in the direction that we came) to take ANOTHER bus to the mall.  By the time we arrived, Lizzy and I really felt we had earned the shopping trip!  There is no one else I would rather be lost, wandering around Maryland with!  Being at a mall really made me realize that I've done NOTHING close to my normal life for the past two months and shopping was a slight return to life as usual.  Who actually knew a mall could be soothing?

*This morning I slept in and missed church...whoops.  :-/  But I think I really needed the sleep...I've been tempted to smash my alarm clock every day this week.  I then invested about 4 semi-productive hours at the library, but was a little too ADD to get much done.  BACK to the dorm.  Possible productivity later this evening?

*This week I also picked out my classes for next semester at Drake and formulated a new life plan.  Productive for midterms week, right?

*The upcoming week looks relatively normal but I am starting to feel the pressure to get going on my research paper and an upcoming group project...all before we leave for Europe in less than 3 weeks!  Ohhhh this is an intense semester.

Take care, everyone!

No comments: