Saturday, November 15, 2008

Europe so far

Hi everyone,

I'm so sorry I haven't been writing as much as I'd like. The days here are so long and it's been difficult to find time for internet-ing! Also, I've been having some troubles with my outlet converter, so I somtimes don't even have an outlet for my computer to charge on! It's been crazy!

The week has been very fun, but very exhausting. Luckily we have had some good long bus rides for us to sleep on! All of our speakers have been great. We spent a good amount of time in Geneva at the UN and the International Committee of the Red Cross. Then we went on to Strasbourg to visit the European Court of Human Rights and the Council of Europe. We spent the weekend in Belgium, visiting Brussels, Bruge, and Ghent. Tomorrow we are headed to The Netherlands--on our way to the Hague, but stopping in Antwerp. The Hague is the home to internatioanl courts like the International Court of Justice and the International Criminal Tribunal for Former Yugoslavia. that's the focus of our time there. THEN we are headed back to Brussels in the middle of next week to spend time at the European Union.

I wish I could give a more detailed account of what's been going on, but my brain is not really functioning right now and I only paid for an hour of internet (which is almost up!). Just know our group is having a great time--I really like most of my classmates and the trip has been incredible. I will try to write more later this week, if possible. If not, I will write some reflective entries about Europe when I return to the U.S. and the land of free internet. :-)

Take care!

~Katie

No comments: